Vacancy NoticeSchool Education department has established an independent research unit REAP
(Research and Evaluation for Action and Policy) at SCERT Gurgaon to undertake
research and evaluation of various interventions made by Government of Haryana
through RMSA, SSA, Mid-day-Meal and various other schemes by the Directorates
and/or Board of School Education Haryana. The unit comprises a multi-disciplinary
team and working in collaboration with independent international and national
research groups working in social sectors, including J-PAL(MIT) NIOS, NCERT,
NUEPA and University departments. The team has in the last year, undertaken
several research and evaluation projects sponsored by the school education
Applications are invited from professionals (on deputation or contract basis) for
the following positions:-
1 Position: Research Associate (2)
The position offers an opportunity to gain first-hand field management and
research experience in undertaking cutting-edge development research in the
education sector. Research Associates will work closely with academic
researchers and other field staff to perform a variety tasks including, but not
limited to, the following:
• Maintaining regular communication between academic researchers and fieldbased
• Maintaining regular communication with partner organisation and technical
• Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual reports on project status.
• Disseminating evaluation findings for use by staff and management to share
with communities and donors.
• Conducting meetings with local and state government officials, community
leaders and other stakeholders.
Management of data collection
• Designing and modifying questionnaires according to the guidelines set out by
• Joining field teams during pre-testing of questionnaires and other pilot
• Participating in training of field enumerators.
• Coordinating the progress of data collection in conjunction with the project
manager and monitoring its quality.
• Liaising with the intervention implementation team and technical research
partner to ensure coordination in activities.
• Regular training of staff members in data analysis procedures and quality
• Assisting in the orientation of new staff members and training them in
• Performing basic data analysis as suggested by the principal investigators.
• Generating quarterly tabulations of the data collected.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
• Master degree in economics, social sciences, public policy, education, or
• Experience in managing program implementation or field research in
education or development economics in a developing country for at least a
• Excellent management and organizational skills along with strong
• Fluency and excellent communication skills in English
• Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently, and team
• Demonstrated ability to manage high-level relationships with partner
• Knowledge of Stata (strongly preferred) or other data analysis software is
preferred but not essential.
• Familiarity with randomized controlled trials preferred but not essential.
• Prior experience in India preferred.
• Fluency in Hindi desirable
• Two references from persons who are competent to comment on skills and
aptitude of the applicant.
Selected candidate will be paid a consolidated remuneration commensurate with
skills and experience. Aspiring candidates can send their applications through email
to both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with the title
“Research Associate REAP” or mail a hard copy to the following address:
Sh. K. K. Agnihotri, Honorary Advisor
Haryana School Shiksha Pariyojna Parishad (HSSPP),
Third Floor, Shiksha Sadan, Sector-5, Panchkula, Haryana
The application form and job profile can be downloaded from www.ssaharyana.org
and www.schooleducationharyana.gov.in as well as facebook.com/HSSPP.
Last date for receipt of applications in the prescribed application form is Thursday,
April 26th 2012. Only short listed candidates will be called for test /interview likely
to be organised in first week of May 2012.